Monday, June 8, 2009

Re-cycle

I heard about recycle a lot, but started practising it only since last year. Herez what I have been doing:
1. Carrying re-usable shopping bags to either groceies or mall or anywhere I go shopping. I try best to never bring back a plastic bag from any store.
2. Recycling all paper and plastic: I have separate bags beside my trash can - 1 for paper and 1 for plastic and recycle every paper/plastic and paper/plastic-item. Later on, I empty them when I empty trash as well.
3. Using lesser plastic items in the home. For example I have completely stopped using disposable plates, silverware or glasses. I use more steel/wooden items in the Kitchen now than before..like spoons, boxes, etc. I still have a bunch of them from before, but I am not buying any new ones.
4. When I have a take-out or make my left-over lunch or dinner 'to-go', I ask if I can have a paper bag. It is not possible to have one many times, but I make sure I ask.
5. Using hand-towels..cloth ones as much as possible instead of paper towels.

I know we can neither undo the damage that we already did to the nature nor completely turn away from plastic, but we can do atleast few things differently to prevent the damage getting worse..hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment