Thursday, June 4, 2009

Doe-eyed little deer..

I saw a little deer really close yesterday..just about 15 feet!
Yesterday evening, after coming back home from work, Shailu, my hubby and I went to the Chatthahoochee natural preserve for our regular run. My hubby and I go there in the weekends, but managed to pull Shailu into it recently as well. Shailu and he were ahead of me and I was slowly running, sometimes simply walking...it was almost sunset and the grass and tree bark were glowing like dipped in gold in the tender bright evening sun. I was enjoying the beauty and wondering how good it would be if I knew how to paint well and replicate the sight....and there suddenly I panicked! There was something staring at me from between the trees. I got scared immediately..a second later, I calmed down to realize that a little deer was looking straight at me. I was on the road, there was a fence along-side it and the deer was right behind the fence! It had big, dark, beautiful eyes..and did not even wink or move. It simply stared at me. It was simply beautiful :) I walked a couple of steps and it turned its head along to keep looking at me. I thought it might jump over then fence for a second. I did not want to take any chances since I was alone and my folks were not nearby. I started to run and the deer ran back into the woods. It was the closest that I saw a deer. I have seen deers at Chattahoochee before, both times at sunset, without expecting to see them, but it was at a distance. But, this was the best....:)
I have been to the drive through sanctuary in Ft. lauderdale and had the deers come to our car, but that was nothing in comparision to seeing one few feet away, staring into my eyes, totally unexpected out of the woods!

1 comment: