Friday, August 14, 2009

No perseids

A whole night without sleep, still no perseids :(
I read that even the night of 12th is good to watch the meteors this year. I went to bed by 10, but couldnt sleep well anyway...woke up at 1.30 in the night and spent 2 hours looking at the sky.....no luck! I was quite disappointed..
watching the dark blue blanket of sky and gazing at the sparkling stars, after long, was a very good experience though!!

After I woke up the next day and searched online again. I read that the night of August 11th and early morning of 12th, before 3pm...that was guaranteed to see some showers in almost all places in US, North America actually. The night of 12th had a chance, not a strong one may be. There will be a chance again sometime in December..there will be Geminids. Can try to watch then, provided we can dare to stand the cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment